Sunday, March 13, 2022

Metrics and analytics :LJ5

 

he readings were interesting, the thing that I found most interesting is how a lot of these articles talk about the unique positions each app takes and also how the articles fail to mention Tik Tok which is probably one of the most consumed apps out today. Not to say the other articles were not as important such as the idea to create Burst. Burst is unique because the owner said, “It’s like Snap Chat for grown-ups, perhaps.” (Perez). I think the idea to market towards a certain group of individuals is great and it works well with many different products and services but also, I believe an app should be broad enough that it piques the interest of outside consumers, such as people who use snapchat. The whole idea for Burst is that it targets adults who want to share a specific event and links that event to the calendar, such as a video from a birthday or a soccer game. The issue I found with this is also not that it is very niche but that this idea has been done by others before so what really separates them from competition. 


The second thing I took from the readings is the lack of acknowledgment for Tik Tok. The thing that makes Tik Tok so great is how it can be easily consumed anytime; it matches our shrinking attention spans and uses and algorithm to keep us interested. Take Instagram for example, you have your feed which consists of your friends and people you follow and then you have your for you page which is tailored just to the things you like while Tik Tok is tailored to the videos you watch all the way through and the things you like. I also feel as though the flickr app is made solely with the idea of sharing photos as the base, not really user experience. User experience in my opinion is the most important thing for an app, you want something that people can use and come back to use very easily such as Tik Tok where a user can open their phone click the app and watch the video in two easy steps. Those were my two biggest take away from the readings.


Perez, S. (2012, June 19). Burst raises $3.5 million for private, family-friendly photo and Video sharing app. TechCrunch. Retrieved March 13, 2022, from https://techcrunch.com/2012/06/19/burst-raises-3-5-million-for-private-family-friendly-photo-and-video-sharing-app/

2 comments:

  1. Hello Darrien,

    I agree with the Tik Tok comment! I find it so strange that nobody is talking about how crazy it blew up! It almost reminds me of the Vine explosion, but Tik Tok actually chose to participate in ads and that's why it is still up and running, haha! Overall your post was awesome and very informative! I found the readings interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Darrien,
    I honestly agree with you. Tik Tok is one of the apps that I usually use during the week. As you said, it is so weird how Tik Tok catches your attention so quick and for so many hours. Flickr was a whole new experince for me. To be honest it was a little complicated to learn how to show my pictures in my blogger porfolio.

    ReplyDelete

LinkIn experience

In all Honesty I had a lot of experience with linkin because I have been using it for a few years. There are two big reasons I enjoy using l...