Sunday, April 17, 2022

Metrics and analytics :LJ8

 So for my post I want to talk about the first article which had to do with how social media reacted to the story at the oscars. Although viewership did not match, there was an explosion because of the event. With such easy access to the clip on social media there was not much of a reason for people to tune in and watch the oscars. I believe that the access to just what happened being available on social media made it so people did not need to watch. This interaction allowed people to talk about it without having to be there. I interact with broadcast media on social all the time, such as with the draft or new episodes of shows. I interact with celebrities on their live streams sometimes but not very often. 

After I finish commenting on livestreams and such, I sometimes talk to my friends about stuff people say in them or other stuff like that. I was a small time influencer, I used to be a streamer but had to stop when I started playing football. I also have a decent amount of followers, who follow me for football content. I think that the story with will smith shows how fragile the imagine celebrities build themselves online truly are. If these people who spent their whole life building is so easily taken down why would anyone want that form of pushed attention on their lives is my thought process. 

My feelings towards social media are forever changing, I believe that it can be a tool to really help people in their daily lives but also that it can be an issue if it consumes people's lives. Especially with an event like the oscars where someone was actually hurt by others actions and people became so engrossed in the lives of another that it is nothing but negative energy. But also there are events such as good things that happen. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree social media can be a good tool, and your situation is unique considering most people don't get to use it to the extent you've been able to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Darrien,
    I agree with your posts, social media makes it easier for us to stay updated on current events without having to invest too much of our time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkIn experience

In all Honesty I had a lot of experience with linkin because I have been using it for a few years. There are two big reasons I enjoy using l...