The post that I am choosing to write about is "We're all connected: The power of the social media ecosystem,". In this post they discuss how marketing towards groups is increasingly difficult as our lives become more intertwined with social media. When I was getting my first degree in marketing, one of the first concepts we discussed is how you will never be "on the money," when targeting. You can get close but by the time you release the product or service the ecosystem has changed. It is very much like fast fashion where one person's style could be a throwback for another. This idea of an ever changing ecosystem on social media brings up the idea of influencers who help with marketing campaigns.
Influencers are buffers between some companies and the social media ecosystem. I believe this is done in a few ways, through natural marketing and through partnerships. Natural marketing is when someone with a lot of followers has used and consistently used the brand and recommends it because of the benefits they have experienced from it. These are usually products that are already well established and well known. The other form of marketing they use is partnerships where the company pays or sends a product they hope to market out to people who fit their criteria. I have done a partnership with an energy drink brand because of my role with sports, They said it was because of my following which consisted of mainly athletes and people who lifestyles involved gym activities. I think having this connection to people through influencers also helps the consumers become much more involved in the process than what we had before. They talk about this in the article how consumers have a much more individualistic approach to the products to where they want unique designs and to have a sense of self with the products they may own. To conclude what I am saying is that the ecosystem we know will be ever evolving so long as new trends and ways to use social media appear. Influencers are one of the new ways that brands find ways to market quickly to people who they hope to target.
I agree social media is a big part of our everyday life.
ReplyDelete